Clear and beautiful skin is one of the main elements of a person’s beauty. One sure way to have healthy and picture-perfect skin is to take care of it every day.
We here at Bright Side have compiled a list of some of the best remedies that will help you to naturally remove blackheads and whiteheads from your nose and face.
Causes of Black and White Heads
- Greasy Skin
- Pre Menstruation
- Excess use of Make up
- Skin allergy
- Medications Such as Corticosteroids, lithium and androgens
- Birth control pills
- Excess use of sunscreens and moisturises
- Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
1. Lemon Juice:
Being rich in alpha hydroxy acids, lemon juice helps exfoliate the skin and also facilitates cell regeneration. It also helps get rid of excess oil due to its astringent properties.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply the juice on your face.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
- Do this daily before going to bed. Continue for at least a few months.
2. Baking Soda:
Baking soda is an effective treatment for blackheads as well as acne. It helps clear the skin of impurities such as debris and dirt.
- Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste generously on the affected skin area and massage gently.
- Allow it to dry for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
Cinnamon is an anti-bacterial spice that can be used to make an aromatic face mask that offers all sorts of benefits to the skin, including the removal of blackheads. It also helps to eliminate flaky skin as well as acne, and it can be used as a body scrub for a smoother, more glowing complexion.
- Mix one part organic cinnamon with two parts honey to form a paste.
- Apply a thin layer over blackheads.
- Leave the paste on for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off with your favorite all-natural cleanser, and then follow up with a moisturizer.
- Use this remedy daily for best results.
Honey is both antibacterial and antiseptic, properties that help remove blackheads by destroying germs or impurities that clog pores, making it another great choice for those with acne-related blackheads.
Honey also acts as a natural antibiotic, helping to pull dirt from the pores of the skin to clear blackheads as well as tightening and hydrating the pores for a clearer complexion.If you have an allergy or sensitivity to honey, use one of the other methods suggested instead, as even applying it topically can cause a reaction in some people.
- Heat about a tablespoon of pure raw honey in a small jar until it is warm to the touch (placing the jar of honey into a bowl of very hot water will do the trick).
- Dab some of the warm honey onto any blackheads and allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes.
- Remove with a warm, damp cloth.
You can leave this treatment on overnight for even greater results, rinsing it off in the morning. Repeat daily.