Dark circles under the eyes can be caused by a number of things, including a hormonal imbalance, kidney problems, genetics or simply lack of sleep. If you have other symptoms that are problematic, you should visit your doctor to find out if there is an underlying condition that is causing the dark circles. While there is no overnight remedy, there are a few quick-fix beauty tips to help minimize your under-eye shadows.
Some of the main reasons are: lack of sleep, aging, dry skin, stress, prolonged crying spells, long hours in front of a computer or other device, and a poor diet.
Cucumber has a cooling affect which lightens the skin. It also contains various antioxidants like orienting, cucurbitacins, isoscoparin, vitexin, and vitamins C and K which reduce pain and inflammation that causes puffiness and dark circles. This article will help you to find more methods to clear dark circles with cucumber.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Place cold slices on the affected area and leave for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat twice daily until results are visible.
2. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil can be used in much the same way as almond oil. Apply coconut oil to the dark circles under your eyes before you go to sleep and make sure to gently massage the oil into those areas. Rinse in the morning with cold water.
- Take few drops of coconut oil and massage in anti clockwise under your eyes.
- Leave it overnight.
Dark circles can be removed by applying peeled and grated potato overnight at least two times a day. Make an equal amount of potato juice and cucumber and apply this natural homemade juice under the eyes using cotton. Let it dry for about 10-15 minutes and then wash your eyes with water. This is a natural and safe way to get rid of dark circles under the eyes.
- Extract potato juice and put it in a bowl.
- Dip cotton ball in the juice and gently apply on the effected area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash your face with normal water.
Do this twice a day for 4 weeks
Tomatoes are an excellent solution for getting rid of dark circle, as it naturally helps to decrease the dark circles and also makes the skin soft and supple. All you need to do is mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under your eyes. Let it remain for about 10 minutes and then, wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy at least twice a day. On a daily basis you can also drink tomato juice mixed with some lemon juice and mint leaves in order to get rid of dark circles.
- Grind or crush the tomato and extract its juice.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric and gram flour to this tomato juice.
- Mix well to get a paste.
- Apply this around your eyes covering the dark circles.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.