What are Blackheads?
Blackheads are a symptom of acne, a skin condition in which the pores of the skin become blocked. Blackheads often referred to as open comedones, are a skin disorder that commonly occurs during puberty. They are small black bumps formed when a clog is growing around the opening of your hair pore because of a buildup of dead-skin cells and dirt as well as excess sebum.
These ugly bumps mainly occur around the nose, cheeks, and forehead. It is majorly caused by several factors which include diet, lifestyle, hormones, and stress.
Causes of Blackheads
- Oily skin causes blackheads. If your skin is very oily, then you have to wash your face 5 to 6 times a day. It will reduce the production of oil.
- Hair follicles irritation caused by dead skins cells also responsible for blackheads.
- Hormonal changes during teen years, pregnancy, and menstruation can cause blackheads.
- Taking certain drugs like corticosteroids or androgen’s.
- Taking birth control pills.
6 Best Home Remedies for Blackheads:
1. CINNAMON, HONEY AND COTTON STRIPS
Even though it sounds like a yummy dish to eat. These two do an excellent job when it comes to tackling blackheads.
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey (raw or organic)
- clean strips of cotton
- Mix both the ingredients properly till it makes a paste.
- Apply the paste on the top of blackheads and use the strip while pressing it gently.
- Let it stay for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the strip then rinse and don’t forget to moisturize.
- Be very particular about the amount of the ingredients.
2. LEMON JUICE AND WATER
In the upcoming summer season we all will be drinking a lot of cool lemonade. But you will be surprised to know that the citrus lemon juice is quite useful to remove blackheads. It contains vitamin C, which is anti-oxidant that helps stimulate collagen production to enhance skin health.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix the three ingredients properly till it’s in paste form and then apply it on your face.
- Gently massage it with cotton
- Let it dry for at least 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with cold water and moisturize.
3. BAKING SODA AND WATER
Reminds you of a school science experiment I am sure. Baking soda is also an effective remedy for treating various skin conditions, such as blackheads and acne due to its antiseptic quality. It helps to clear impurities on your skin, such as dirt and debris. This is a sure shot way of losing the stubborn blackheads.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- fresh water
- Mix water and baking soda till the time it becomes a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your face by massaging it with your hands in circular motion.
- After 5-10 minutes rinse your face with regular water and see the difference.
Use consistent pressure on your face while massaging it. We would suggest if you could get an extra pair of helping hands for your massage.