Hair loss in women is a rather common condition that can lead to a lot of emotional distress and uncomfortable situations. It can also be an indicator of some major underlying health condition and therefore should not be ignored. Protein deficiency, stress, autoimmune disorders are some of the reasons that can cause hair loss in women.
Symptoms of hair loss can vary from being very mild to extreme. These include thinning of hair, bald patches, receding hair line, etc. There are many treatments, home remedies, and prevention available for the condition of hair loss; we have discussed them all in detail below.
The important causes of hair fall or hair loss includes
- Hereditary conditions
- Medical conditions such as anemia and autoimmune diseases and thyroid disorders
- Scalp infections
- Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis
- Certain hairstyles which causes traction on the hair.
- Hair-pulling disorder
Hair loss can appear in different ways depending on the cause. Some types of hair losses are temporary and some are permanent. It is possible to prevent the temporary loss of hair using various home remedies available.
1. Coconut Milk:
Coconut milk contains fats and proteins that make it one of the richest sources to nourish the tissues of hair. It promotes hair growth and arrest hair fall.
- Grate the coconut and extract the milk out of it by squeezing it. Apply the milk on hair and scalp. Leave it for half an hour and later shampoo your hair.
- Mix coconut milk with water and then add a few tbsp of camphor solution to the mixture. Massage your scalp with this, let it stay for few hours and then rinse off with warm water.
Amla or Indian gooseberry is like a blessing for people suffering from hair fall. It is a rich source of vitamin C and iron which helps controlling hair fall. The antioxidant, antibacterial and the exfoliating properties present in Amla help to maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth. Amla is used since ancient times to prevent hair loss.
- Boil some dried amla in coconut oil till the oil gets black. Use this oil to massage your scalp.
- Mix amla juice/pulp with lemon juice and massage your scalp with it. Leave it for 30-45 minutes and wash off.
Egg is a rich source of proteins, vitamins and fatty acids that nourish the hair. Egg contains a fatty protein known as Lecithin, which prevents the hair from becoming brittle and thus controls hair fall. Vitamin A, present in egg yolk, helps to control dandruff and prevents hair loss.
- Take one egg white and mix it with one tsp of olive oil. Beat it to achieve a paste like consistency. Apply it on hair and scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Make a pack using egg yolk and honey and use it to get rid of hair fall.