Flabby arms, sometimes referred to as bat wings, are a common problem area, especially in women who store more fat in their upper arms than men, mainly due to hormones. A well-balanced diet and regular exercise routine can reduce body fat including excess fat in the back of your upper arms.
When the fat reduces, targeted toning exercises can ensure the muscles that are displayed are well defined.
1. One Arm Triceps:
This exercise helps to burn the accumulated fat in the triceps, the back portion of the arms. This area is prone to easy fat deposition. This exercise not only melts the excess fat in the triceps but also tones it to give a sculpted look to the arms. This is a powerful arm toning exercise.
For this exercise, you do not need any equipment. Directly on the floor you can perform it.
- Sit on the floor by keeping your legs and feet joined together.
- Keep your hands on the floor shoulder width apart and a foot behind the hips. Your fingers should point the hips.
- Bend your knees and keep the feet flat on the floor.
- Straighten your arms and raise your hips. This will put weight on your arms.
- Bend your left elbow and with the help of right arm which is still straight, lower your hips to the floor. Ensure not to touch the floor.
- Now repeat the same move with the other arm.
2. Triceps Extensions:
This exercise involves the use of weights which works wonders in toning the arms by building tension in them.
- Lie down on the floor on your back with knees bent.
- Hold weights in your hand and stretch them above your chest.
- Now, slowly make a right angle with your arms in such a way that the weights touch the floor.
- Then lift the hands to the initial position.
- Repeat this exercise 15-20 times.
3. One Arm Push Up:
One-arm-push-up results in highest spine compression. This exercise is painful but delivers good results by reducing the arm fat real fast.
- Lie down on the floor with the stomach in contact with the ground.
- Put your left arm on the right shoulder, on a ball or at the back.
- Then keep your right palm flat on the floor.
- After attaining the position, lift the upper part of your body upwards until the right arm gets completely straight.
- Repeat the exercise fifteen times.
- Perform the same exercise by switching the side for effective results.