If your neck roll is bringing you down, maybe it’s time to flip over that frown. Reducing neck roll can be challenging, but with patience and a commitment to lifestyle changes, you can lose that excess flab. Because you cannot spot-reduce neck fat, you must lose total neck fat, and when this reduces, so will that excess fat in your neck.
The right exercise routine can do the trick and quickly help you eliminate neck rolls fat.
1. Lip Pull:
- Stand with good posture with your head in its natural position.
- Push your jaw out and lift your lower lip as high on your face as possible.
- Hold it in that position for 10 seconds, then relax.
- You should feel the muscles directly underneath your neck stretch a bit.
- Do this 10 times every day.
- Sit on a low back chair or stand upright maintaining a straight back. Keep your feet apart.
- Now turn your head clockwise. Remember not to move your shoulder in the process.
- Stretch the neck in all directions to the maximum extent while rotating.
- Continue doing 20 rounds before stopping at the initial position.
- Repeat the process anti-clock wise till 20 counts.
- After the sets of 20 become convenient to do, double the number of rounds
- Remember keeping your back straight and shoulders in one position.
The exercise needs to be done at least 30 times on each side. You can take a break of 10 seconds while shifting sides. At the beginning, overstretching should be avoided.
3. Self Neck Traction:
- Lie down on your back and put the legs on the bed or bench at about 60 degrees angle.
- Keep one hand on your chest and the other at the back of your neck.
- Now maintain the pressure from the head that is on the chest, pull up the neck with the other hand as much as possible.
- The target is to feel the stretch at the back of the neck and hold the stretch position.
Count till ten and release slowly.
- Repeat at least 15-20 times taking a 3-5 seconds gap after 5 stretches.