When it comes to fat loss, it is not only about the flat abs. Toning the entire body is a must and with that should be a healthy diet that keeps the metabolic health in shape.
People focus on toning abs, hips, glutes, thighs etc. but generally forget the calves. Losing fat around the calves area is not only aesthetically appealing but also improves lower body strength and athletic performance.
Here are 9 simple exercises to lose fat around the calves exclusively for women.
In lunges one leg is positioned forward with bent knee and flat foot and other leg is behind. Main benefit of lunges is in warming up.You can use either dumbbells or kettlebells in hands and using barbell behind the neck or shoulders. Walking leg lunges are mainly used to reduce the fat of butts.
How to do? (By using dumbbell)
- Firstly, hold dumbbells in both hands by the sides.
- Now attain the lunge posture by taking a step by your left leg and slowly lowering your hip so that angles between the knees of both legs become 90 degree.
- Then stand up by taking a forward step
- Now step up with your right leg and repeat lunge.
- In this way you can repeat the process or walk along the room by doing lunges.
2. Hip Raise
This exercise works out the thigh and calves muscles at a higher rate. This helps to burn out internal thigh muscles. This exercise is also used in yoga and by fitness trainers.
How to do?
- Lie on the floor by facing up and your arms should be wider apart (45 degree away from body).
- Then bend your knees at 90 degree and your feet should be flat on floor.
- Then by pressing the feet down, raise your hip in the upward direction.
- Hold on this position for some time (5 seconds).
- Repeat the above steps.
3. Standing Calf Raise
This is a great exercise for calf. It works on both muscles of calf (the gastrocnemius and the soleus). It can be done with dumbbell or without this too.
How to do?
- Stand on the edge of stair. Balance with the help of banister.
- Now lift up your heel as much as possible. Hold on third position for 3 seconds.
- Then regain the original position.
- Repeat the steps.