Large calf muscles can be a result of excess body fat, muscle tissue or genetics. Although there is no such thing as spot reduction, you can use traditional weight-loss methods to remove any excess body fat and fat from your calves.
You can also perform lightweight resistance training exercises to avoid building bulky calf muscles.
Exercising by doing squats to get slimmer legs is super easy. Squats are extensively useful to burn the fat from your legs. You can try various combos of squats, which yield diverse results. Follow the steps that are mentioned below to perform the squats:
- Keep your legs wide apart. Let the distance between them be about an arm’s length.
- Now, bring your butt down, by stretching your arms in the front.
- See that the critical force is being pushed upon your legs.
- Now get back to your original position.
- Repeat this for about 30 times.
- You can combine squats with simultaneous jumps. You can also make a choice of holding weights or dumbbells in your hands while performing squats. This would help you reduce more fat from your legs while performing squats.
2. Toe Lifts:
Practicing toe lifts is yet another important exercise to lose leg fat. Toe lifts specifically target the calf muscles of your legs and help in toning and making them slimmer and more slender. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Stand straight with your spine erect.
- Make sure that there is a shoulder length distance between your feet.
- Stand on your toes and try jumping but without losing contact with the ground.
- You can take the support of a nearby chair or table to regulate your balance.
- You can do these toe lifts as frequently as possible throughout the entire day. You can do this while you are standing at your workplace or anywhere else.
Lunges reduce fat from your legs, hips, thighs and at the same time give you a perfect shape. If done perfectly, these are capable of setting right your posture too. Follow these steps to perform lunges.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder’s breadth apart. Straighten your gaze and thrust out your chest perfectly.
- Put forward your right foot first. Let there be a distance of 2-3 feet in between your legs.
- Now, lift your left foot in such a way that your toe is in contact with the floor but not your heel.
- Now, push your hips down and bend both of your knees in the downward direction.
- At this juncture, make sure that your knees are forming a 90-degree angle.
- Stay in the same position for about 5-10 seconds based on your individual capacity.
- Now, get back to your initial position.
- Repeat the same process this time with your left foot putting forward.
- Repeat doing these for approximately 10 times on each of the sides or you can do 2-3 sets of 10, as per your choice.
4. Calf Raises With Flat Bends:
This is another workout that would immensely help you out in reducing your leg fat. It is also easy to be practiced. You can greatly modify the intensity of this workout by performing it over a stair. However, you need to be extra careful and cautious while doing it on a stair. So, it is recommended that you initially do it on the floor, but with time and good practice you can do it on a stair. Follow these steps:
- Stand flat band and firm on your heels.
- Rise on the heels of your feet and move down as much as possible.
- If you are standing on a stair while you are doing this, remember that you are fueling all of your energy into bringing out the best for your legs.
- Perform 2-3 sets of 10 reps each, for about 3-5 days in a week for mind-blowing results.