One of the most noticeable features of our legs is the calf muscle. The calf muscle, when toned and built, can actually help give off the appearance of a slimmer thigh. Whether it’s time to rock skinny jeans or pull out your summer shorts, you need to make sure your legs look as tight as possible.
The legs can be fickle foes when trying to get them into shape, as they need high-repetition exercises to push them past the rigors they endure on a daily basis.
1. Lift Legs:
How to do:
- Lie on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Raise your left leg toward the ceiling and rotate it to make an imaginary circle.
- Make 5 individual circles in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
- Repeat the same with right leg to lose thigh fat.
- A simple exercise to reduce thigh fat at home!
Lunge is one of the best moves you can do to work the leg muscles. It trains your glutes, thighs, and hamstrings. When you lunge, you’ll not only strengthen and tone your legs, but you’ll also improve your balance and gain core strength. I explained here more in depth. Plus you can add weights to make the move more challenging overtime.
How to do:
- To start, stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips, pull your shoulders back, and look straight ahead.
- Take a controlled step forward with your right leg. Keeping your torso straight and your weight in your heels.
- Lower your body until both your front and back legs form a 90-degree angle and your knees are directly over your ankles.
- Pause, then bring your right leg backward to return to start.
- Repeat on the other leg.
3. Knee Bends:
How to do:
- Lie on the floor on your back. Pull one knee into your chest.
- During this hold onto your leg behind the knee.
- While your leg is kept in this position, point and flex your foot.
- All the motions should be done slowly and forcefully.
- After several foot motions do the same with the opposite leg.
- This exercise makes the muscles of the entire leg work.