Wheatgrass juice is something you either love or hate! There’s no two ways about this juice, which comes from a plant that is quite literally a type of grass. However, unlike regular grass, there are a lot of health benefits of wheatgrass.
For example, did you know that an ounce of wheatgrass is supposed to contain the same nutritional value as up to one kilogram of leafy greens? That means there’s a lot of great stuff in each cup of wheatgrass juice!
Benefits of Wheatgrass juice:
- Contains very high concentrations of vitamins, minerals and live enzymes.
- Wheatgrass is easy to grow.
- Suitable for those on a gluten-free diet.
- Excellent provider of proteins required for cell regeneration and renowned for it’s healing properties.
- Just 2 ounces of juice provides the same nourishment as up to 4 pounds of fresh, green vegetables.
- Helps to maintain healthy digestion, purify and build the blood, and is an excellent all round detoxifier.
- Wonderfully energizing and very useful for helping in times of increased stress or illness.
1. Weight Loss:
In the U.S. and in many parts of the world, most people are either overweight or even obese. So in all likelihood, you’ll need to lose weight and wheatgrass can help. That’s because it has selenium that you need to keep your thyroid gland healthy. Since your thyroid gland is one of the parts your body uses to manage your weight, you’ll want to keep it in top shape with a glass of wheatgrass in the morning.
Wheatgrass is also so full of nutrients that you don’t get deficiencies that can lead to food cravings. So a glass of the juice in the morning can actually keep you from eating too much for the rest of the day.
2. Better Digestion:
If you’re often going through indigestion or heartburn, then this juice may just be the ticket. It has fiber and B-complex vitamins, and these nutrients improve how the muscles in your digestive system work. You have riboflavin that maintains the lining of your digestive tract, as well as thiamine that assists in the conversion of carbs into energy.
Wheatgrass juice is rich in antioxidants which fight against the free-radicals that accelerate the aging process. It can promote youthfulness as the high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore both male and female sex hormones.